The external scan provides a high level report displayed onscreen
and/or a detailed PDF website security scorecard report sent to your inbox
with scan results. The external scan checks the website for the following:
What does it mean if the EXTERNAL scan detects an issue?
- Unprotected version control
- Outdated software
- Default/Admin location
- Magento Shoplift
- Magmi vulnerability
- Exposed development files
- Exposed API
- Credit Card Hijack
- Cloud Harvester Malware
- Magento Backdoor Trojan Module
- Security patch 6285 (XSS, RSS)
- Security patch 6482 (XSS)
- Security patch 6788 (secrets leak)
- Security patch 7405 (admin takeover)
- Security patch 5994 (admin disclosure)
If your website has one of these rogue modules installed, attackers can easily access and steal:
- Your customer's personal data
- Your customer's credit and debit card data
- Your website username and passwords
- Gain control of your website
This could have significant implications on your customers, your business reputation and could lead to costly financial penalties from the card schemes and banks.
What should you do?
- You need to check your website code immediately. Our external scanners are reasonably accurate, but do not have the detailed visibility of the internal scanner. Check the code.
- Call us for help - our team are website security specialists.
- Call your web developer - they may be able to identify attacker code.
- If payment card data has been stolen, we would advise you contact your bank immediately.
- Check your website from an internal perspective - our internal scanners are some of the most advanced website malware scanners available. You can scan your website free of charge.